Corporate Immigration Law
Felhaber Larson recognizes that in the ever changing global market corporations and institutional employers search all over the world for highly skilled talent. Our immigration law attorneys help employers navigate complex immigration laws and procedures as they seek to bring international personnel stateside.
Unlike law firms with more volume-based immigration practices, ours is characterized by an individually focused approach that gives equal, personal attention to both the highly skilled professionals we assist and the companies and organizations seeking to employ them.
We carefully listen to, analyze and assess each individual client request to ensure we are fully attuned to our client’s needs, and are best-prepared to efficiently and cost-effectively address them.
Felhaber Larson works with small and large business alike who require assistance with:
Non Immigrant (Temporary) Petitions
- O-1: Qualification of foreign nationals with extraordinary ability or significant professional achievement in the sciences, education, business, or athletics under this classification
- TN: For Canadian and Mexican citizens based on NAFTA provisions
- L-1: Intra-company transferees for multinational corporations. Also, handling changes from L-1B to L-1A and converting L-1A petitions for subsequent First-Preference Immigrant benefits.
- H-1B: Cases and extensions for positions including high level executives, managers, physicians, researchers, scientists, IT professionals, and a variety of other professionals
Immigrant (Permanent) Petitions
- Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researcher/Professor: For university clients, health care organizations, and corporate clients including Fortune 500 employers
- National Interest Waiver: Establishing academic or professional contributions to chosen fields of endeavor that are important to U.S. interests
- Multinational Executive/Manager: For high-level executives, and functional managers employed by multinational corporations
- Labor Certification: Preparing and submitting PERM-based Labor Certifications to the U.S. Department of Labor for a wide variety of professionals
- Adjustment of Status Application: Filing family and employment-based adjustment of status applications
Other Immigration Law Matters
- Immigration Appeals: Contesting decisions made by the U.S. Department of Labor and immigration authorities
- J-1 Waivers: Obtaining waivers based on hardship, persecution, sponsorship by an interested government agency and filings based on National Interest Waiver standards
- Consular Processing: Ensuring clients are prepared for visa interviews and inspections at U.S. border posts or U.S. ports of entry
Learn more about how Felhaber’s Immigration Attorneys can help you.