Spend the summer at Felhaber Larson and experience the real practice of law. Our Summer Associate Program offers the best of both worlds – small enough to receive special attention, but large enough to provide a realistic, hands-on experience of what it is like to be an associate at the Firm.
Collaborative And Supportive Environment
Felhaber Larson offers an exciting opportunity to work in a collaborative and supportive environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package that has garnered honors for our commitment to helping everyone at Felhaber plan for their future and prepare for retirement. This package includes:
- Medical and dental coverage
- Group life, accidental death & dismemberment, and long-term disability insurance
- Employee savings and profit sharing
- Pre-tax payroll deductions for insurance, medical and dental expenses, and child care
- Qualified Transportation Plan Option: a portion of salary can be set aside on a pre-tax basis (for monthly parking contracts and bus cards).
Felhaber Larson is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a work environment inclusive of all employees, regardless of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation, place of residence, political affiliation, marital or family status, family responsibilities, disability, status as a veteran or any other legally protected characteristic. Our firm recognizes and appreciates the differences each of our employees brings to our practice of law and the breadth of ideas, values and perspectives that are generated as a result. We are committed to having a professional workforce that reflects and best serves not only our clients, but also the community as a whole.
*** Collection Specialist Desired ***
Felhaber Larson is seeking an experienced Collection Specialist to join our 5-person accounting team. The primary functions for this position relate to firm collections and accounts receivable management. The accounting team at Felhaber Larson is a vital part of our firm as they assist and support all firm members and provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the attorneys in collection activities for their respective clients.
- Monitor accounts receivable daily, which includes regular communication to the Finance Committee and attorneys.
- Communicate with clients regarding accounts receivable.
- Prepare for and participate in monthly Finance Committee meetings.
- Electronic billing setup, administration and posting of invoices, as defined by client needs.
- Ensure client billing formats and guidelines are met.
- Provide general ledger and financial reporting assistance.
- Adhere to firm accounting and billing procedures.
- Attend and actively participate in accounting team meetings.
- Familiarity with Elite Enterprise, Whitehill, ARCS 2G Collection Software, eBilling platforms and procedures, Microsoft Office Suite with advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail combined with exceptional accuracy.
- Collaborate with other members of the accounting team to promote seamless service to internal customers and external clients.
- Capacity to support a positive team environment which recognizes and values change and continuous process improvement.
- Work necessary hours to meet team and firm-wide goals and objectives.
- Represent our firm well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 5 years previous accounting and collection experience.
- Previous experience in a law firm or other professional services environment preferred.
Felhaber Larson offers competitive salary and benefits. Submit cover letter and resume to Terri Stewart, Human Resources Director, Felhaber Larson, 220 South Sixth Street, Suite 2200, Minneapolis, MN 55402-4504; fax at 612.338.0535 or email at email@example.com.
Felhaber Larson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.