Spend the summer at Felhaber Larson and experience the real practice of law. Our Summer Associate Program offers the best of both worlds – small enough to receive special attention, but large enough to provide a realistic, hands-on experience of what it is like to be an associate at the Firm.
Legal Administrative Assistant
We are seeking an experienced Legal Administrative Assistant (LAA) to support to support two attorneys and a paralegal. One attorney has a real estate and business/transactional practice and the other attorney and paralegal have an estate planning practice. The LAA’s at Felhaber Larson are a vital part of our firm as they assist our attorneys and provide exceptional services to our clients across all areas of the law.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares, edits and finalizes documents
- Transcribes dictation
- Files documents electronically
- Maintains files
- Manages dockets
- Other administrative assistance/responsibilities as requested by the attorneys
- Represent our firm well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty
- Five years experience as an LAA in the business transaction, real estate or estate planning areas of law also preferred
- A high degree of professionalism with excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate proficiency to focus on details, handle multiple tasks and remain highly organized
- Proficient in Microsoft Word with strong word processing skills
- Experience with Outlook, Excel, iManage Desksite and Elite and ability to learn other computer software as needed
- Able to work a schedule of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
We offer competitive salary and benefits. Submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources Director, Felhaber Larson, 220 South Sixth Street, Suite 2200, Minneapolis, MN 55402-4504; fax at 612.338.0535 or email at HR@felhaber.com.
Collaborative And Supportive Environment
Felhaber Larson offers an exciting opportunity to work in a collaborative and supportive environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package that has garnered honors for our commitment to helping everyone at Felhaber plan for their future and prepare for retirement. This package includes:
- Medical and dental coverage
- Group life, accidental death & dismemberment, and long-term disability insurance
- Employee savings and profit sharing
- Pre-tax payroll deductions for insurance, medical and dental expenses, and child care
- Qualified Transportation Plan Option: a portion of salary can be set aside on a pre-tax basis (for monthly parking contracts and bus cards).
Felhaber Larson is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a work environment inclusive of all employees, regardless of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation, place of residence, political affiliation, marital or family status, family responsibilities, disability, status as a veteran or any other legally protected characteristic. Our firm recognizes and appreciates the differences each of our employees brings to our practice of law and the breadth of ideas, values and perspectives that are generated as a result. We are committed to having a professional workforce that reflects and best serves not only our clients, but also the community as a whole.