Our merger and acquisition team has completed countless transactions, spanning from large national and international companies to small local privately-held businesses.
Our approach to M&A work differs from many other law firms. Instead of creating an army of attorneys to work on a transaction, we assemble a nimble, yet effective, M&A team. By doing so, we can streamline the transaction, reduce attorneys’ fees, maintain the integrity of client privacy, and ensure the attorneys working on the transaction understand all the “ins and outs” of the deal.
Our M&A team, on an as-needed basis, will also call upon specialized practitioners to assist on insular issues that are unique to the client’s specific industry.
To ensure the client’s needs are fully met, our attorneys will also work closely with clients’ other professionals, including brokers, accountants, financial advisors, and attorneys.
Felhaber Mergers & Acquisitions Experience
Our mergers and acquisitions attorneys bring comprehensive knowledge of the all aspects of transactions in mergers and acquisitions. From due diligence to SEC documentations, we partner with clients to provide the services to keep deals on track. can assist on any aspect of a transaction, including due diligence. Our M&A experience includes the following transaction types and requirements:
- Asset and stock purchases and sales
- Bankruptcy reorganizations and restructurings
- Cash tender offers
- Cash-out and cash-election mergers
- Joint ventures
- Leveraged buyouts
- Management buyouts
- Mergers of stock and businesses
- Private equity offerings
- Proxy contests
- Public and private company auctions
- Public-to-private acquisitions, roll-ups, and consolidations
- Securities exchange offers
- Compliance, including required securities documentation
- Deal closings and ongoing advice
- Deal negotiation and documentation
- Defense of takeovers, including shareholder rights plans
- Due diligence requirements
- Employee benefits management and compliance, including termination or merging of pension plans
- Financing assistance
- Strategy and advice on deal structure