Michael McNally focuses his practice in the areas of employee benefits and labor law. He has experience counseling clients on plan design, representing boards of trustees in ERISA litigation and advising on compliance with state and federal regulations. His work in the labor law field includes collective bargaining and advising clients on benefits issues arising in negotiations.
- ERISA Litigation
- Employee Benefits Advice
- Health Law
- Labor Law
- Represent and advise clients in connection with withdrawal liability matters, including the building and construction industry exception, sales of businesses, and transactions.
- Counsel clients on the implementation of regulations under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Provide guidance on health and welfare plan design options and alternatives to comply with requirements under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Assist clients in establishing, amending and correcting all types of tax qualified retirement plans.
- Obtaining rulings and determination letters on plan qualification and other issues from the IRS, DOL, and PBGC.
- Advise clients with issues arising in administration of retirement plans, including corrections through the IRS’s Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System and the Department of Labor’s Voluntary Fiduciary Correction Program.
- Advise clients on executive compensation programs under Section 409A including drafting and correcting operational and document failures.
- Provide advice to clients on HIPAA compliance matters and assist in conducting breach investigations.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- New York
- J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, cum laude, 2006
- B.S., University of Richmond, 2003